|Be sure also to check the
complete list on Dan
Ritchie's main site
- Version 1.6 features a fully overhauled display system for
greater speed, quality and flexibility.
- Many painting and alpha channel tools have been greatly
sped up and improved.
- New animated brushes let you paint with a sequence
of image and are created on the fly as opposed to being a ‘canned’
effect. They can be scaled, rotated, flipped and keyed, and can
make use of brush dynamics just like regular custom brushes. [show me more]
- Onionskin lets you see though
your paper like traditional onionskin used in animation studios.
You can see-through the two prior and two following frames as you paint
the current frame. Use it
with the already powerful painting system
to create original cel animations. [show me more]
- You can use animated brushes as an animation tool
as well as a painting tool. By holding the Alt key while you
paint, you can create remarkable animations as simply as moving the
- Frame sequences can now be loaded and saved in any
supported format. [more]
- Buffer tools such as flip, invert, grayscale and
dynamic range can now be applied to animations.
More new features
- The new artist guide feature helps you in copying
source photographs and artwork. It’s one of those tricks artist have
been using for ages. [more]
- A new shading option in the particle system makes
trees and shrubs more realistic. [more]
- New SaveAVI and ChangeDPI plugins. [more]
- improved grass/brush/hair effects - optipustics
particles now uses opacity changes in gradient (in
'Line' mode), and there's a shading effect too [show me more]
Improved tablet support
- Internal brushes and the antialiased brushes can respond
- Pressure-controlled opacity or size or both [more]
- Full tablet information is passed to the plugin interface
including altitude, pitch, roll, yaw, etc.
- Support of many popular tablets: Wacom, AceCad, Aiptek, ...
New brush type
- Fully antialiased, sub pixel drawing. [more]
- Works with the drawing tool, circles, rectangles, lines,
- Load new internal brush sets.
- Several brush sets included. [more]
- Fully rewritten 'render sky' filter for more realistic
results. Includes settings for heading, pitch and bank. [more]
- Improved 'wireframe designer' filter adds perspective mode
and solid shaded render. [more here
- Spherize updated for tablet users who couldn't access the
second light source.
- Several plugins updated with better error handling.
- Import images from a variety of sources with TWAIN support.
- Uses Windows help system.
- Fully updated with new information.
- Content, index and search capabilities.
- Fixes to color selection, window saving, file loading and
- Load paper textures from disc. [more]
- New preferences system allows changes to the visual
appearance and a number of other options. [samples]
- The position of panels is saved. The buffer window adjusts
if the tool panel is preferred on the left.
- Improved 'adjust Value' filter.
- Numerous internal improvements.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Project
Dogwaffle is copyright 1997-2003 Daniel Ritchie, all rights reserved.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their
respective owners and mentioned exclusively for identification