|Products | Features | Sales | What's New | Download | Support | Tutorials | Newsletter | DOTM | About|
A lot of things are new - see what's new at http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm
Never heard of Project Dogwaffle, PD Artist or PD Howler? Things to keep in mind:
More about features here and here: the Dogwaffle Main Features List
- Howler is a paint program, comes with many brushes, including particle brushes for foliage
- Howler does animation too
- Filters across videos, keyframed, special effects
- 3D landscape rendering
- Motion estimated interpolation, Rotoscoping and chroma keying and a lot more.
Images of Howler 2020
Artwork created, composited with or enhanced by Howler 2020.
Here are just some of the new features coming to PD Howler 2020:
- see more of what's new at http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm
More readable text
Pardon our dust - There's much more to come. We're working on it.
But why wait? http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm
Free Demo / Trial
download this installer of the demo version:
Download filename --- Howler_2020_Demo_0037.exe
Size: 111,344,868 bytes (106 MB)
News and What's NewScroll down to latest news hot!
Here are various bits and pieces of interest related to Howler 2020 and related topics.
Recent newsletters where we mentioned PD Howler (and/or PD Artist) 2020
Newsletter #159 - Back to School already? Howler 2020 to the Rescue!
Newsletter #160 - PD Artist 2020 is here, and build #37
Newsletter #161 - Labor Day Weekend
So... What's else exactly is New in Howler 2020?
If there is just one thing to mention, to single out: Brushes!
But there's also so much more. Here are some recent developments as we crank through the new builds:
Here is a log of some of the internal notes shared with the beta team, through recent builds, as we go along with implementing new features, fixes and cool tools and brushes. As you may notice, a lot of focus is on brushes and new media.
- We're making a bunch of changes to media, getting them organized and cleaned up.
- It's a great time to do a clean install, assuming you don't have a pile of custom made media you don't need to preserve.
- A number of significant changes coming to the media browser
- going back to a light on dark look (feedback?)
- preview is now mip-map scaled
- more margin and padding space around preview
- scrollbar is now invisible when not needed
- fewer media
- Build 13 improved GUI speed when working on large images, but broke the curve tool. Build 14 fixes it.
- The effect of paper textures is now showed in the media preview.
- Other various bug fixes.
- The new media browser experience is now complete - I hope - in build 18
- Build 20 adds the media name on the media preview
- Fixed instant crash in 3D designer.
- Build #21 adds paper texture support to bristle brushes
- And I'm going to call it feature complete for wide release of 2020, barring any show stopper bugs.
- Now I'm going to finish up my 5th book.
- this build increases the stack size for flood fill so it shouldn't crash so easily in high resolutions.
- Finished up re-implementing the round brush (aka AA pen) tool. Now supports paper texture and drybrush.
- Continue to remove legacy (old internal) brushes from the media folder, and add or replace existing media with better quality media.
- A number of pen and pencil medias now use the round brush instead of internal brushes, so AA is fully supported by pens now.
- This is assuming you do a clean install.
- This build continues to replace old media, with many new presets and a lot of old ones replaced, and some removed. It is best to do a clean install if possible.
- It also extends "light mode" into the shapes panel.
- That build is basically for letting you see what the media would look like on a white canvas.
- Continues to remove internal brushes from media folder
- In this build, talking a hard look at the "organic" folder
- Build #30 continues to organize and optimize media, and makes some improvements for Wacom tablets.
- also we no longer use an internal brush as the first default brush.
- When we talk about internal brushes, we are talking about the original "brush engine" that was part of Project Dogwaffle all those years ago in the 90's. We're not talking about any specific type of imagery. Just code. Although that code has some tiny brushes hard coded into it.
- That brush engine in now being dismantled in favor of custom brushes (the custom brush engine) and the round pen (previously call the aa pen)
- This build adds some flower tip brushes and new grass brushes
- Adds some new ground cover and stone textures in the organic fx category
- Added some additional new flower type of media to the organic effects category.
- Added latest content
- Added a tree trunk media
- Build #37 is here - updated demo to latest build
Build 40 (hopefully) addresses 2 critical bugs.
- Fixed errant splat at start of brush stroke
- fixed unable to turn off smoothing of mouse/tablet input
Build 41 is here - fixes the storing from the undo browser. When you're in the undo stack you can store an image from there, it should now be added as expected in the stored images stack. This is important if you want to recover a prior stored image from the history (undo) stack but have since changed the size. You can send t to stored copy, then restore it as a new image from there.
Release build 42
Release build 43
- the media browser shows a list of recently used brushes (up to 8). That way you can easily use your most recent favorites, no matter which category they came from.Here's a video showing it: https://youtu.be/mikIQCse3Rw
- other minor fix in the media browser to highlight the currently selected category even after leaving and returning to the media browser.
- There was a bug fix that fixed the centering of text on the media panel when splats were hidden.
- frame number text in Frame Painter was wrong color
- Brush Keyframer did not accept mouse click without mouse move.
Build 46 - aka Howler 2020.1 (December 2019)
- Enhancements to light diffusion filter for bloom effects: Gain & several Combine modes
- CTRL + ALT to scale brush
- ALT + Mouse-Wheel to scale brush
- Numerous bug fixes
- Media history (up to 8 most recently used)
- Undo Browser shows undos in realtime
- New medias
- Adds a 3D scene to benchmarks, and sets the precision of results to 2 places after the decimal, for cleanliness.
Got it? downloaded it? Verify that your download is authentic and complete:
Size: 121832976 bytes (116 MiB)
Size: 121161493 bytes (115 MiB)
Want to learn more? www.squirreldome.com
Want to order PD Howler now? https://www.thebest3d.com/sales
www.thebest3d.com/wow - the slideshow