This is issue #160 of the Dogwaffler of the Moment, our sporadic newsletter about Project Dogwaffle.
Artist 2020 is here
Great new Brushes
Want to translate this into another language?
powered by OpenNMT and OVH Cloud
This and other issues of the newsletter can be found here:
Free Webinar coming September 14 - join us at Digital Art Live
We'll share tips and tricks, show some techniques to create a variety of animated artwork. You will likely also discover a few new features found in Howler 2020. We will paint, we will render, we will animate. Pixels and pigments unite!
>>> Mark your calendars - Check for details here soon: https://digitalartlive.com/events/
We recommend registering here:
Digital Art Contest - Memories from your Summer Vacation?
Don't forget to submit your artwork for fun, fame and recognition, or even for a chance to win great art software. Sponsors include the host/organizer, Pixarra, maker of Twistedbrush and related tools, as well as TheBest3D.com with PD Howler/PD ARtist.... and also Aartformgames, maker of Curvy3D!. Have you seen the newest Curvy? Breathtakingly amazing!
Keep an eye on the Art competition here: https://www.thebest3d.com/competition/
and here: http://www.pixarra.com/competition.html
New releases - Build #37 - PD Artist 2020 joins the (Howling Wolf) pack
We have released build 37 - PD Howler 2020 is at build 37. If you ordered an earlier version, you should by now have received a new download link email from bmtmicro. (if you ordered from us on bmtmicro store).
We also have released the Artist edition of Project Dogwaffle 2020. This is the lower-priced cousin to PD Howler. If you don't work with animation or videos, PD Artist may be just the ticket for you. It has most of the features of Howler, except for everything related to animation and working on video clips. (except that it still supports animated brushes, such as using an image sequence or AVI file as the brush when painting on a still image).
Both are available here:
Both are still on sale, see below for the promotion, good throgh Labor Day!
Learn more about PD Artist 2020 at https://www.thebest3d.com/pda
Back-to-School Sale through Labor Day! Only a few days left:
PD Howler 2020 AND Artist 2020 - Both On Sale through September 2
Get your Discount:
If you have an earlier version, even from Daz, Steam or other sources, contact Phil at https://www.thebest3d.com/about to request a discount code for further savings. Or order from the author directly - that's Dan Ritchie at http://www.squirreldome.com
Prices may vary slightly, but it's all the same good fun digital painting Nirvana. Mahallo!
New Features & Free Demo for Trial
--- Free Demo/Trial:We've also updated the free trial demo. Try it before you buy - it is based on build 37:
See what's new:
A few points:
- this build increases the stack size for flood fill so it shouldn't crash so easily in high resolutions.
- Finished up re-implementing the round brush (aka AA pen) tool. Now supports paper texture and drybrush.
- Continue to remove legacy (old internal) brushes from the media folder, and add or replace existing media with better quality media.
- A number of pen and pencil medias now use the round brush instead of internal brushes, so AA is fully supported by pens now.
- This is assuming you do a clean install.
- This build continues to replace old media, with many new presets and a lot of old ones replaced, and some removed. It is best to do a clean install if possible.
- It also extends "light mode" into the shapes panel.
- That build is basically for letting you see what the media would look like on a white canvas.
- Continues to remove internal brushes from media folder
- In this build, talking a hard look at the "organic" folder
- Build #30 continues to organize and optimize media, and makes some improvements for Wacom tablets.
- also we no longer use an internal brush as the first default brush.
- When we talk about internal brushes, we are talking about the original "brush engine" that was part of Project Dogwaffle all those years ago in the 90's. We're not talking about any specific type of imagery. Just code. Although that code has some tiny brushes hard coded into it.
- That brush engine in now being dismantled in favor of custom brushes (the custom brush engine) and the round pen (previously call the aa pen)
- This build adds some flower tip brushes and new grass brushes
- Adds some new ground cover and stone textures in the organic fx category
- Added some additional new flower type of media to the organic effects category.
- Added latest content
- Added a tree trunk media
New Tutorials & Videos
As always, check here - https://www.youtube.com/user/pdhowler/playlists
A great place for new features and videos about them is here:
Here are some new Videos and Tutorials
how to find a brush amongst the Medias collection in Howler
Rabbit Hill, Part 1
Rabbit Hill, Part 2
Rabbit Hill, Part 3
Rabbit Hill, Part 4
How to De-Noise a noisy Video Clip
When you work with video clips from dark settings or rendered in Puppy Ray with only a few anti-aliasing passes, you may have some noisy pixels. If you want to reduce that video voise, try the Ghosting filter.
Santa Clarita - part 1
Santa Clarita - part 2
Santa Clarita - part 3
Recent art by Dan Ritchie, creator of Project Dogwaffle:
Just a Tree 6b
See more mages in the Slideshow - Wow!
Thanks again for waffling and howling! Team Dogwaffle
No longer interested? I am devastated... now I am the Goddess of Sadness!
but still, if you must...
To remove yourself from our newsletter, please unsubscribe here: http://www.thebest2d.com/feedback/
Thanks. It's been a privilege to have you. Hope you see you again, somewhere between the pixelated slopes of Mount Howler and the pigmented grasslands of Artistan.
The good news: You can also use the above link to take other steps: such as to add yourself back as a new recipient of our sporadic newsletter, or to change your email address on our records by adding yourself with a new email address and then requesting to remove the old email address. Or, contact us, Phil and Dan, here with clear instructions about which one of your multiple emails to add or remove, or with any other questions: http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/about - Please do not send attachments unless invited to do so and beware of the format and file sizes.
All content presented herein is owned by their respective owners. No reproduction is permitted without written consent from the copyright holder. Trademarks and registered trademarks are used for identification purposes only. No affiliation, endorsement or commercial favors are implied or intended.